Sunday, March 19, 2017

A WALK BY THE RIVER 

It has been a minute since I last blogged, almost a year I think.
I told myself I was going to write for an hour every day, that I would try to sell my work and make some money on the side.  Hasn't happened yet.

I'm reading something I wrote last June;  my thoughts on our 27th wedding anniversary, my feelings about being married to Tracy  and the life we've built .  It makes me smile and it is all true,

So I'm writing again. No rhyme or reason: just letting my thoughts,, mood and emotions dictate the words.

Yesterday we walked and talked under a glorious blue sky surrounded by  hundreds of people wearing green and holding a beer on the River front.
Even in the crowd, we connected and communed it was good.
We talked about getting old and the fact that a mid life crisis is a real thing.
We talked about wanting more and wondering if this was all we would achieve.
Fears, fond memories, future plans.
"We are still young".. he said it twice, maybe to convince himself or me or both.
I listened and  talked too.. I know I'm not that girl he married 27 years ago.
I know I've grown past that, I have the grey hairs to prove it.

I smile at his words and know he's right. we are still young. God willing the best is yet to come.

We hold hands and continue to walk and talk..  a hour later we head  back to the sleepy azalea filled square where the car is parked.
hungry,  happier and hopeful.

We are still young there is still stuff to do, things to experience..life to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment